We’ve had this question asked many times so have put together a basic step-by-step guide on how to check which version of NetWeaver you’re running. Performing this check on an ABAP system and a Java system is very different. In an ABAP system, you will look for the version information within SAPGUI. However, a Java system provides a web interface for all administrative functions.
SAP Netweaver versions
The table below references the supported SAP NetWeaver versions along with short reference and end of support dates for both ABAP and Java stacks.
|SAP NetWeaver||ABAP Stack supported to end of..||Java Stack support to end of..|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.0||7.00||2025||2017|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1||7.01||2025||2017|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2||7.02||2025||2017|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 3||7.03||2025||2017|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.1||7.10||2020||2020|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Enhancement Package 1||7.11||2020||2020|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.2||7.20||2020||2020|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.3||7.30||2020||2020|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.3 Enhancement Package 1||7.31||2025||2020|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.4||7.40||2025||2020|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.5||7.50||2025||2024|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.51 (foundation for SAP S/4 HANA 1610)||7.51||2025||N/A|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.52 (foundation for SAP S/4 HANA 1709)||7.52||2025||N/A|
|SAP NetWeaver 7.53 (foundation for SAP S/4 HANA 1810)||7.53||2025||N/A|
Further details can be found in the following SAP note: Maintenance for SAP Business Suite 7 Software including SAP NetWeaver
USING SAPGUI TO CHECK THE VERSION OF NETWEAVER (ABAP APPLICATION SERVER)
- Log on to the system using SAPGUI
- On the main menu, choose System > Status…
- Or More-> System -> Status…. (for more recent version of NetWeaver)
- In the “System: Status” dialog that opens you’ll see a section in the middle called “SAP System data”. Click the icon next to “Product Version” to show details of all the components installed on your system.
The component you need to look for is called “SAP_BASIS” and is usually at the top of the list. ‘Release’ is used to identify the major release of NetWeaver, and ‘Level’ is used to identify the support pack installed, e.g.
- Example 1 – 740 – Netweaver 7.4 support package level 18
- Example 2 – 751 – Netweaver 7.51 support package level 7
USING A WEB BROWSER TO CHECK THE VERSION OF NETWEAVER (JAVA APPLICATION SERVER)
Before you start: To access the URL below, you will need administrator privileges on the SAP system in question.
- Using your web browser, go to the following URL – http://<hostname>:<portnumber>/startPage
- Be sure you replace your hostname and port number with the correct values. The port number (if unchanged from the default) will be 5XX00, where XX is the SAP system number.
- From here select System Information:
- Look for the section called Components Info. This will list the main components which can be used to determine the version of Netweaver which version you’re running.
- In the Version field, you’re likely to see something like this (1000.7.40.16.0.2.20170919181900).
- The key info here is quite clearly the part after 100, where it has identified the version as NetWeaver 7.40
- 1000 – Not relevant
- 7.40 – NetWeaver Version
- 16 – SP version
- 0 – Level of the component.
- 20170919181900 – internal build number