With SAP Fiori we’ve broken free from the boundaries of desktop working and our employees are more productive than ever. Now, our whole team can access information, run key business processes and make faster decisions – anytime, anywhere and on any device. It has revolutionised the way we do business. If you’re keen to learn more, here we answer some of the FAQ’s on the new user experience from SAP.
What is SAP Fiori?
It is the mobile user experience (UX) for SAP software. It applies modern design principles for a completely reimagined user experience. SAP Fiori UX represents a personalised, responsive, and simple user experience across devices and deployment options.
What are the top features?
- Role-based: SAP Fiori is designed for your business, your needs, and how you work, and provides the right information at the right time.
- Coherent: Whether you fulfill a sales order, review your latest KPIs, or manage leave requests, SAP Fiori adheres to a consistent interaction and visual design language.
- Simple: Essential functions are easy to use and you can personalise the experience to focus on your relevant tasks and activities.
- Adaptive: SAP Fiori enables you to work how and where you want across devices. And, it provides relevant information that allows for instant insight.
What are the top benefits?
- Gain productivity: By making SAP software easier to use, people will get more done in less time, freeing them to pursue additional projects.
- Increase user adoption: With a more intuitive experience users are happier using SAP.
- Decrease user errors: Enabling a simple, role-based interface and converting open text fields to pulldown menus or radio buttons, greatly reduces the opportunity for people to make data entry errors.
- Save training costs: By making the user experience more intuitive, you can reduce or eliminate training for your staff.
What is the Fiori Launchpad?
The Fiori launchpad is the entry point to Fiori apps on mobile or desktop devices. The launchpad displays various tiles with each tile representing a different business application.
What is SAP Fiori Overview Pages?
The Overview Pages show the user the current status of a specific domain or role the user is interested in while aggregating and simplifying dashboards and news into one Fiori experience page. The Overview Page displays various cards that are relevant to the domain and role of the user. Additional content, such as image, list, table, chart, etc. is displayed in the card’s content area. The card allows the user to take immediate actions such as approve purchase order without launching the app. The card can also be used to launch an application similar to Fiori Launchpad or in a specific context, for example the list item that was clicked.
What is SAP Fiori Cloud?
SAP Fiori Cloud offers a simple implementation of the SAP Fiori user experience (UX) through cloud services running on SAP Cloud Platform. Customers can run apps and launchpad in the cloud while consuming business data securely from their on-premise SAP Business Suite or SAP S/4HANA in a hybrid architecture. Here, the front-end UI layer is delivered to the customer as a cloud service subscription in his account. It is delivered with selected apps across lines of business covering the most common self-service scenarios.
Can you customise SAP Fiori UI?
Yes, through the UI Theme Designer. Here you can create your own themes with your corporate identity, corporate colors, and company logo.
What’s the difference between SAP Fiori and SAPUI5?
SAP Fiori UX is the new user experience for SAP software, enabling an adaptive, personalised, and satisfying experience across devices. SAPUI5 is a UI Framework used to build user interfaces.
If you’re interested in speaking with us about how your organisation could benefit from SAP Fiori, please get in touch.