Almost zero patience, with immediate satisfaction. Sounds familiar? We have become accustomed to receiving everything in an instant and we expect it to be clear and transparent. We surely do not want to waste time looking at the fine print or delve into piles of data. Yet, we base all our business decision on data.
Whether you need to prepare the data so it is easy to consume by your colleagues or you are the one to analyse the data and condense it into a bottom line, using the List View Grouping menu in the Web Client for SAP Business One may make your work more efficient. In the below example, there is a list of A/R invoices grouped by customer name and due date:
The bubble that appears next to the ‘2 Grouped’ link, shows that the first level of grouping is done by the “Customer Name” column, and the second by the “Due Date”. You may notice that the columns by which the list is grouped are not displayed. By using the context menu in a grouped list view, you may apply the following options:
- Show – to display the columns by which the grouping is done
- Ungroup – to ungroup the first level, in our example, “Customer Name”
- Ungroup All – to remove the grouping from the list
- Move Up / Move Down – to change the hierarchy of grouping levels. In our example, it can be used for changing the “Due Date” to the first level grouping and “Customer Name” to the second
- Sort Ascending / Sort Descending – to sort the column of the first level by ascending or descending order
- Collapse Level – to collapse the data by the lowest level expanded
- Collapse All – to collapse the list by all levels of grouping
Once your grouping is complete, you can save it as a view or as a tile and share it with authorised colleagues by mail by exporting it to Excel while keeping the grouping structure.
Available in Web Client for SAP Business One 10.0, and SAP Business One 10.0 version for SAP HANA. Please get in touch if you would like to upgrade to version 10.0.
We hope that you find this tip helpful. For more information on Business One, please visit our webpage.
Source: Ari Schapira | SAP Business One – The Tip of the Week