We are looking for a Solution Architect to work at our South African office in Pretoria who will help develop new industries, propositions, services and technologies, and will assist profitable revenue growth by supporting the sale of strategically important deals. You will be considered a senior technology architect so require proven thought leadership capabilities across SAP’s solution suite.
What to expect at G3G:
- A supportive team culture where you will be invited to learn from everything, fail fast and think and act lean – where your ideas are realised and rewarded.
- A real opportunity to make a difference and work in a can-do atmosphere where opportunity exists to expand your skills and experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Architecting and defining complex SAP solutions across multiple industry sectors.
- Understanding of the technology enablement as well as the integration with other applications.
- Deliver sales revenue targets through team based selling.
- Support the qualification of initial leads and determine the appropriate bid team.
- Own the bid life-cycle for smaller bids whilst contributing to larger bids.
- Lead and support complex customer bid opportunities.
- Act as quality assurance on proposal documents and presentations written by less experienced team members.
- Be part of the initial project delivery team in order to architect the solution design and de-risk the project.
- Build strong industry and partner relationships.
- Develop your own skill set to maintain ‘thought leadership’ status in the client’s and peers eyes.
- Grow and maintain ‘thought leadership’ status by presenting at appropriate internal and external events.
- Mentor Solutions Managers/Managing Consultants to become Solution Architects.
- Provide pre-sales support to the G3G sales team across the SAP product catalogue. This will include product overview presentations, solution demonstrations and conceptual design proposals as required.
- Skilled in conceptualising and communicating winning propositions – making complex ideas look simple.
- Ability to rapidly pick-up new technologies, propositions and business areas.
- Outcome oriented – maximising balance of effort vs. benefit to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under own initiative and under tight time pressures – planning, prioritising and controlling own workload.
- Precise approach to project management and procedures.
- Confidently assert own ideas to clients and within G3G senior management.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement – self-teaching of relevant new business thinking and technology solutions.
- Proactively contribute to the body of knowledge at G3G.
- Strong sales experience of selling technology solutions. Delivering proposals as both stand alone or an integral part of wider consult-build-run propositions.
- Broad experience of the ‘Big Four’ (or similar) consulting practices and methodologies.
- Detailed knowledge of business requirements and solutions in their focus area (Technology, Industry or LOB).
- Lead and support the preparation and delivery of sales proposals and presentations.
- Add value to, and often own, the strategy and tactics to win bids – develop and enhance G3G’s differentiators during a sales process.
- Entrepreneurial – can identify and develop opportunities within existing accounts.
- Oversee portfolio of bids with the ability to successfully multi-task without over committing.
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate diverse groups in complex situations.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Minimum of six years SAP experience.