G3G is looking for a highly motivated SAP Solution Architect who is passionate about taking business requirements and complex concepts and simplifying them into solution roadmaps. The SAP Solution Architect will help define digital strategies and architect innovative solutions. The candidate will help develop new industries, propositions, services and technologies, and will assist profitable revenue growth by supporting the sale of strategically important deals. The candidate will work on diverse projects both locally and internationally and be involved in gathering client requirements to oversee the implementation of the various SAP solution components.
This position requires excellent client services and SAP functional and technical skills, expertise with architecture, design, and implementation of SAP solutions. Successful candidates should have a high energy level, experience within consulting organisations, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both business and technical audiences. The core focus over the next 5 to 7 years will be driving business development and consulting services around the move to SAP S/4HANA.
- Perform business development with the G3G sales team.
- Take business requirements and translate them into easy-to-digest concepts and present them back to clients.
- Respond to proposals and create presentations where required.
- Work with the G3G management team to drive go-to-market strategic solutions.
- Engage at a steering committee level on projects to feedback on solution design and key design decisions.
- Facilitate design workshops to help gather the client’s industry and business requirements and gain a clear understanding of both.
- Create Key Design Decision documents to help guide both functional and client teams on the best route to take on key solution and business process decisions.
- Engage with leading clients and strategic partners to identify and validate requirements and translate them into solution design.
- Perform integration architecture and infrastructure design activities with SAP Technical team.
- Writing solution design documents, including High-Level Designs where applicable.
- Support the planning and management of client projects throughout all phases – Prepare, Explore, Realise, and Deploy.
- Share knowledge of best practices within the SAP team, as well as develop other members of the SAP team.
- Support the development of the SAP practice, including leading internal team activities, supporting sales activities, and facilitating client events.
- Provide architecture and design guidance to the development team.
- Participate in the product roadmap and product strategy definition.
- Ensure client satisfaction through quality work and effective communication throughout projects.
- Assess and manage risks and issues on a project.
Required SAP skills:
- 10+ years of experience in implementing SAP solutions.
- Strong SAP S/4HANA finance skills (Finance and Controlling) will be an advantage.
- Familiarity of SAP S/4HANA and the SAP ecosystem technologies / components.
- Familiarity of other SAP technologies in the Analytics, Intelligence, Extensibility, and Integration areas.
- Expertise in conducting solution demos and presentations to clients / business stakeholders / architects.
- TOGAF certification would be an advantage.
- Understanding of the SAP Activate Project Methodology.
- Background in SAP development frameworks and approaches.
- Understanding of the SAP BTP environment.
- Understanding of SAP best practices and model company.
- High-Level experience with SAP security concepts
Required soft skills:
- Great storyteller and presenter.
- Passionate to learn, teach and share.
- Calm under stress.
- Solves the “Why” before the “What” and “How”.
- Natural leader.
- Ability to listen and distill complex issues and challenges into key areas of focus.
- Strategic and hands-on.
- Strong written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to explain difficult concepts, simply.
- Ability to influence and convince.
- Collaborative nature, working together across ecosystems to drive value and solve challenges,