G3G South Africa is looking for a detailed, self-motivated, problem solving individual who will be responsible to maintain and build upon existing network and domain environments. G3G operates a PMC (Partner Managed Cloud) for SAP Business One on both MS_SQL and SAP HANA. We are looking to scale out the Business One Cloud, adopting the latest functionalities and tools from SAP and making them available to the Business One community as a Cloud provisioned service.
What to expect at G3G:
- A supportive team culture where you will be invited to learn from everything, fail fast and think and act lean – where your ideas are realised and rewarded.
- A real opportunity to make a difference and work in a can-do atmosphere where opportunity exists to expand your skills and experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Design and implement new on-premise and cloud systems while implementing best practices and industry standards.
- Work closely with application development and Business One Consultants on day-to-day tasks along with project planning and implementation.
- Review, mentor and coach, while defining and promoting usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned.
- Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies.
- Work closely with team members and supervisors to develop and improve monitoring and alerting systems for all critical components of infrastructure.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve operational workflows.
- Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, reporting and self-healing systems.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Create and maintain custom scripts using PowerShell, Python, and Bash.
- Create detailed documents and diagrams for all IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Exposure to Cloud services and solutions in platforms such as Azure or AWS.
- Experience working with AWS/Azure/GCP, AWS/Azure networking, and AWS/Azure site reliability solutions.
- Strong practical knowledge of Windows and Linux Server operating systems.
- Good understanding of IT security best practices and threat protection including:
- SAP Business One installation, both on-premise, remote to on-premise as well as in CCC controlled Cloud.
- SAP B1 Linux installation for SAP (B1) HANA.
- SAP HANA (1.x & 2.x) installation and configuration.
- B1iF and related installation and configuration.
- Microsoft/AWS/Azure/GCP Certification.
- MS-SQL performance monitoring and optimisation.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Jenkins, CodeDeploy, Octopus Deploy, and other tools.
- Experience with Containers.
- Experience with Atlassian tools.
- Experience analysing logs using tools, such as CloudWatch, SolarWinds and similar.
- Experience with Orchestration tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Familiarity of management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack.