User queries are one of the first customisation tools. Being highly valuable, it became a very popular tool to use from the onset. Some customers have a small number of user queries while others cannot stay ahead. User queries are an integral part of the daily workload, the same as any out-of-the-box report or function.
For that reason, SAP Business One enables you to incorporate your user queries into the main menu, providing a more efficient and holistic user experience:
- In the “Query Manager” form, select the query you want to add to the main menu and choose the “Assign to Menu” button.
- From the “Query Menu Registration” window, select the checkbox “Menu Item” and set the menu entry name for the query.
- From the “Parent Menu ID” field browse through the main menu tree and select the module and sub-entry (if relevant) under which the user query will be located.
- In the “Position” field you can specify manually whether the user query should be placed 1st, 2nd, etc., or just select the checkbox “Place at Bottom” for positioning as the last entry.
- After clicking “OK”, the main menu is refreshed and your user query is now available.
To remove user query from the main menu, deselect the checkbox “Menu Item” in the “Query Menu Registration” window.
Available in SAP Business One 10.0, and SAP Business One 10.0 version for SAP HANA. Please get in touch if you would like to upgrade to version 10.0.
We hope that you find this tip useful! For more information on Business One, you can visit our webpage.
Source: Ari Schapira | SAP Business One – The Tip of the Week